The PRESIDENT of the Terwillegar Towne Homeowners Association (TTHOA) is a member of the Executive Committee, and Ex-officio member of all other Board committees. In addition to the Authority, Requirements and Responsibilities of a Director at Large, the President assumes the following duties:
- Provide leadership to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that the Board adheres to the association`s By-Laws, constitution and policies.
- Orient new Board members to the Association and to the Board.
- Chair meetings of the Board, the Executive, Annual General Meeting and any Special Meetings of the membership.
- Ensure that the Board`s activities are focused on furthering the organization`s mission, while remaining within its governance role.
- See that all orders and resolutions of the Board and membership are carried into effect.
- Ensure that an activity report is presented annually at the AGM.
- Work with the Board Secretary to prepare and approve meeting agendas.
- Confer with the Treasurer on the drafting of annual budgets, and other financial issues as may be required.
- Act as primary liaison to management personnel or contractors, and play a lead role in their performance evaluations. Interpret Board policy for the same when required
- Encourage Board members to participate fully in meetings, committees and activities.
- Receive reports from any special committees established.
- Recognize Board members` contributions to the Association.
- Play a leading role in recruitment and succession planning.
- Act as prime signatory on behalf of the Board for all documents requiring signatures of the Association.
- Act as a signing officer, with another designated signing officer, for cheques, financial documents, contracts, grant applications and other official documents.
- Play a leading role in representing the Association in the community.
- Act as the Association`s spokesperson to the media, or assign an alternate spokesperson when required.
- Carryout other duties assigned by the Board.
- Upon completion of the term, orient the incoming President to their duties, and turn over all pertinent records and materials.
Term and Evaluation:
- The President is elected to the Executive by the Board of Directors, at the first regular Board meeting following the Annual General Meeting, and serves a one-year term. The President may stand for election for a maximum of three successive terms.
Date Last Revised and Approved: October 19, 2009
Due Date for Next Review: March 2012