The TREASURER of the Terwillegar Towne Homeowners Association (TTHOA) is a member of the Executive Committee. In addition to the Authority, Requirements and Responsibilities of a Director at Large, the Treasurer assumes the following duties:
- Monitor the functions of management personnel or contractors, with respect to financial duties.
- Ensure that regular and comprehensive financial reports are provided to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee timely preparation of the annual budget. Present the annual budget to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Assist the Directors with reviewing the budget and monthly variance reports, ensuring that income and expenditures are on target, and monitoring significant discrepancies.
- Ensure that management maintains a complete record of financial reports and related documents.
- Act as a signing officer, with another designated signing officer, for cheques and other financial documents.
- Ensure the proper and timely submission by the management company of all required Annual Returns, financial reports, tax reports and audits.
- Ensure that an audited statement of the financial position of the Society is prepared and presented to the Annual General meeting.
- Carry out other related duties assigned by the Board.
- Upon completion of the term, orient the incoming Treasurer to their duties, and turn over all pertinent records and materials.
Term and Evaluation:
- The Treasurer is elected to the Executive by the Board of Directors, at the first regular Board meeting following the Annual General Meeting, and serves a one-year term. The Treasurer may stand for election for a maximum of three successive terms.
Date Last Revised and Approved: October 19, 2009
Due Date for Next Review: March 2012