Frequently Asked Questions

  • Q. What is the Terwillegar Towne Homeowners Association?

    A. The TTHOA is a not-for-profit Association comprised of all property owners within the community boundaries of Terwillegar Towne. The primary purpose of the TTHOA is to fund and oversee the maintenance of properties owned by the Association throughout the neighbourhood. In addition, the TTHOA is responsible for upholding the Association's Articles (by-laws) and Architectural Guidelines, and addresses various topics that impact our community. The Association is governed by a Board of Directors, all of whom are neighbourhood volunteers, elected by the membership at the Annual General Meeting.  The TTHOA ensures that architectural controls are upheld, common property is maintained year round and the necessity for additional amenities is surveyed. Should City owned property require attention, the TTHOA communicate with our contacts at the City of Edmonton to address problem areas. 

  • Q. Is my membership in the TTHOA optional?

    A. No. Membership is mandatory and automatic for all property owners within the TTHOA borders. This was established when development first began through a restrictive covenant registered on every land title.

  • Q. How do I make payment for my TTHOA fees?

    A. You can pay your fees online. If paying by cheque, please make it payable to "Terwillegar Towne Homeowners Association" or just "TTHOA". Terwillegar Towne Homeowners Association, 5970 Mullen Way, PO Box 36584 McTaggart PO, Edmonton, AB T6R 0T4.

  • Q. How is the TTHOA notified of a change in home ownership?

    A. TTHOA is not automatically notified when a property transfers title in Terwillegar Towne and this at times leads to confusion for the new homeowner. It is the responsibility of the purchaser (through their lawyer) to notify TTHOA of any change in ownership.

  • Q. Are there Architectural Guidelines in effect in Terwillegar Towne?

    A.  Yes, Terwillegar Towne owes its unique character to a carefully developed Neighbourhood Area Structure Plan, and a City of Edmonton Special Bylaw governs all of the design elements found within the TTHOA's borders. There are Architectural Controls specific to all structures, including dwellings, garages, garage suites, decks and fences.

  • Q. I would like to renovate the exterior of my property – what do I need to know?

    A.  There are architectural requirements within Terwillegar Towne.  Our Board will review your application to ensure that you are following TTHOA’s Architectural specifications.  You can find TTHOA’s exterior renovation form here: Application for Home Renovation

  • Q. Where can I find details about the Architectural Controls?

    A. Simply click here, or you can find them on the website's main menu, to open a booklet of complete guideline details for houses, fences, garages, garage suites and decks. If you are the original buyer of a property in Terwillegar Towne, your Builder would have provided you with written information about the Architectural Controls applicable to your property.

  • Q. Does the TTHOA handle landscape maintenance in all of our neighbourhood parks?

    A. No, only those parks and green spaces that are owned by the Association. Some parks and green spaces are owned and maintained by the City of Edmonton. Please refer to the Community Map to see which park areas the TTHOA is responsible for.  We have begun a few small "extras" and the Board continues to explore additional options.

  • Q. Who do I contact if I have a concern about the standard of maintenance in a park or green space?

    A. If the area in question is owned by the TTHOA, please contact our Executive Director at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .
    If the property is City-owned, you may contact the Parks Branch at City of Edmonton. Dial 311, or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

  • Q. What is the difference between my Condominium Association versus the Homeowners Association?

    A. A Homeowners Association is entirely independent of any relationship with a Condominium Association. If your property happens to be included as part of a Condominium Association in a neighbourhood with a Homeowners Association, you are obligated to pay both. Membership is not voluntary, you are responsible for the payment of both fees where applicable.  Condominium Association fees are significantly higher and are charged monthly whereas an HOA fee is minimal & charged on a yearly basis.

    There is an informative article explaining the significance of both available here:

  • Q. What is the difference between Terwillegar Towne HOA, the Terwillegar Community League and the City of Edmonton?

    The Terwillegar Towne Homeowners Association:

    • Enhances basic services and amenities provided by the City of Edmonton (e.g. mulch, weed control, tree pruning)
    • Not for Profit
    • Elected Board of Directors
    • Mandatory Membership

    The Terwillegar Community League

    • Community League mandate is more event-based (e.g. swimming, skating, green shack)
    • Some development amenities (e.g. playgrounds, water parks, basketball courts)
    • Represent the community on matters of interest to appropriate order of government and other organizations (e.g. traffic issues, crime prevention, new developments)
    • Not for Profit
    • Volunteer Membership
    • Elected Board of Directors
    • For more information visit the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues

    The City of Edmonton

    • In the context of a neighbourhood, the city enforces bylaws (e.g. noise, excessive noxious weeds on resident lands, some sidewalk snow removal, permits, traffic) and traffic-related matters (e.g. speeding, crosswalks, shortcutting)
    • “Owners” of common land
    • Elected officials
    • Issues: Call 311 or use the 311 app

2014 07 16 Spray park aerial view

© Copyright 2006-2024. Terwillegar Towne Homeowners Association | Not-for-profit websites by Trinity Web Hosting